Wednesday 3 August 2016

Oh, What A Night!: New York City - Day Three


If you didn't catch day two, check it out here!
Sarabeth’s


Knowing we had to visit the Met Steps at least once in our trip (I mean who doesn’t want to pretend they’re Serena and Blair sat eating lunch and gossiping on the upper west side of Manhattan?), we grabbed a taxi and tried to find a breakfast place near there. Although there weren’t many, google took us to this little café where we all grabbed another super yummy breakfast. The only downside to this place was that it was slightly pricier, most likely due to the location, but we gained nothing more than we got for almost half the price at Andrew’s café. If you’re in the area then this is a good place to visit, but otherwise I wouldn’t suggest you go out your way to go as there are places that are just as good for a fraction of the price.

Met Steps
Just imagining I was Blair Waldorf in a photoshoot that we had on the steps

Though we didn’t go in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, it was so nice to sit for an hour or so on the steps and listen to the buskers and chat. It’s such good place to chill out; and as I said before, we are all Gossip Girl fanatics so I think the Met will always hold a special place in our hearts.


Shopping


The rest of the day we just spent shopping. We quite literally shopped till we dropped as I swear all of us collapsed on the floor and beds the minute we got back to the hotel. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, here, one place we loved to visit was Sephora (we ended up going three times altogether) so be sure to check out my haul which I posted last week!

Broadway- Jersey Boys


I’m not going to lie to you, I probably spend a good 80% of my day singing Broadway songs to myself in the mirror (currently it is the Hamilton soundtrack, I am OBSESSED) so Broadway was a must when we were planning where to go on this trip. We kind of whittled it down to three shows we wanted to see and then picked Jersey Boys because it wasn’t super expensive for good seats and the theatre was literally across the road. This show was honestly amazing. The soundtrack is full of songs that you want to get up and dance to (some people even did) and the actors appeared so enthusiastic all throughout their performance.

Remember to come back to check out day four tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment