Friday 5 August 2016

LAST DAY IN WONDERLAND: New York City - Day Five



If you missed day four, you can read it here.
Our last day in New York was bitter sweet; I was sad to leave this amazing city but I was also so excited to not have to wake up at 6am every morning or have to go bed with aching feet every night.

Shopping

We started the day shopping again! We had a quick run in Forever 21 (I so wish we had more of these in the UK because I loved nearly everything in there) and Sephora. I’ve done another blogpost going through everything I bought in Sephora which you can check out here.

Hope Statue

I love the photos of people next to the iconic ‘LOVE’ statue in New York but to be honest, when we were there, I completely forgot it even existed! However, we stumbled across this ‘HOPE’ statue by the same artist whilst trying to find a taxi which proved to be even better as our friend’s surname is Hope. As I posted on Instagram, it was as if by magic.

On the note of taxis, a lot of people slated them to us before we went to New York but trust me when I say they are completely fine. I probably wouldn’t get in one alone but we had nothing but good experiences in the ones we used and they meant we could get around the city fairly quickly at a not too extortionate rate.

Central Park
This was meant to be overly pose-y I swear

After packing up our bags, we went to wander Central Park. I think that everyone who visits New York should visit Central Park (perhaps not midday like we did – we took a LOT of sit down breaks); it’s almost surreal that a place so quiet sits in the middle of Manhattan.

Whilst in Central Park, we first stopped at Strawberry Fields, the John Lennon memorial west of the park. Although I am not the biggest Beatles fan myself (I don’t mind their music but I also don’t listen to it regularly), the atmosphere here was great. It was just full of people sat round listening to a busker singing the Beatles and having a nice time. I loved it!

We also went on a search for the Alice in Wonderland statue. In the process, we also found the Hans Christian Anderson statue too! I again absolutely loved this place as it made me feel 8 again, not 18 and I am totally willing to take any opportunity to go back to my childhood. It was fun seeing everyone pose with the statues and discuss the memories that they had in conjunction to them.
 
We also found the sort of 'Friends' but not Friends fountain!
Overall, I loved New York and I cannot wait to go back; it will happen. I feel it’s a place that everyone should try and visit once in their life as it seriously is a place like no other. I am, without a doubt, a city person (I grew up in London and Edinburgh, would you expect anything less?) but even so, New York was somewhere where there is something for everyone! If you have the chance, visit, because you will come back planning your next return.

No comments:

Post a Comment